Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Award Winner

A few weeks ago the Anne Arundel County Fair was held once again at the fairgrounds in Crownsville. Each year people enter all sorts of things into competition: artwork, baked goods, flowers, fruits, vegetables... basically anything you can imagine. This year I finally did something I'd been wanting to do: enter one of these competitions. Specifically, I chose the photography category and entered three pictures: one in the people category, one in the flowers category, and one in the plants category.

My friend Nicole, who won several awards for her beautiful photography last year, decided to enter some more this year, so we headed to the fairgrounds together to turn in our submissions. The sheer volume of pictures was a bit overwhelming, so I'm very proud to say that one of my pictures actually won a prize! My "People Category" submission, a photo snapped in my parents' backyard of my beautiful mom holding my gorgeous, new daughter, was awarded 2nd place. I just love this picture each time I look at it. It captured such a genuine bonding moment that I cannot help but feel extremely proud.

Nicole's entries placed in all three categories she entered, one 2nd place award (sunsets) and two 3rd awards (seascapes, birds). Great job, Nicole! You can view her pictures on her blog. =)

My winning photo, as displayed at the fair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats -- that is an absolutely beautiful photo :)

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates