Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sophia's Arrival


Our little lady made her appearance on August 1st. The contractions woke me up around 3 a.m. and after getting a few painful ones that seemed pretty regular, I woke up Will. He started timing the contractions, and they were indeed about 6 minutes apart and very regular. I decided to take a shower and then call the doctor- by that point they were more like 3-4 minutes apart and getting pretty darn painful.

My parents arrived shortly thereafter to watch Johnny for us, so off we went to the hospital. Upon arrival they checked me and determined that I was 5-6 cm dilated, so I was admitted. (This was about 5:30 a.m.) My blood pressure was spiking pretty high, so they wouldn't let me walk the hallways, but they did allow me to bounce on the birthing ball, which helped take the edge off. Sophia Ellyn was born at 8:13 a.m. and came out screaming. She weighed 7 lbs 5.5 oz and is doing fantastic! (We did have a bout of jaundice to deal with in the beginning, which required daily blood tests and a bili-blanket. Our pedi was very proactive, though, so luckily we were able to treat her with the lights at home.)

Will and I are so in love with our little lady- and Johnny is smitten with her. Although he's not entirely sure what to do with her, he really does look out for her and has been great about sharing mommy and daddy with her. We love our little guy. He is a phenomenal big brother!










No comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates